Uluru Sacred Sites & Sunset with BBQ Dinner
Join your guide for a drive around the base of Uluru. Learn about the native flora, fauna and intriguing cultural traditions of traditional owners, the Anangu, and discover an array of fascinating sacred sites. Continue to the Kuniya Walk where you will be escorted to the Mutitjulu Waterhole. Travel to the Uluru sunset viewing area, 'Sunset Strip' and enjoy a glass of wine and canapes while watching the sun set over Ayers Rock.
After sunset continue to our exclusive venue for an Aussie Barbecue Dinner, with Uluru as your stunning backdrop. Relax in the company of friends and fellow travellers and enjoy sparkling wine on arrival then dine on a menu of steak, kangaroo meat, lamb sausages, chicken skewers and garlic prawns, salads and a tasty dessert. All accompanied by a selection of red and white wines, beer and soft drinks. There’s time for stargazing too (weather permitting).
What makes it Great:
- Watch the sun set over Uluru
- Guided walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole with a guide’s commentary
- Enjoy appetizers and toast the evening with a glass of sparkling wine
- Convenient round-trip transportation from Ayers Rock Resort accommodations
- Enjoy a glass of sparkling wine
- Canapes at sunset
- Experienced local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Award winning Aussie BBQ dinner under the stars (if option selected)
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB and air conditioning
- Entry/Admission - Uluru Sunset Viewing Area
- Aussie Barbecue Dinner under the Stars
Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park Entry fee of $25 AUD per adult and $12.50 AUD per child will be payable upon your tour check in. This entry fee lasts for 3 consecutive days, so you can reuse as often as you wish. The ticket can also be pre-purchased upon your arrival into Yulara.
Departure times & locations
2:30pm (April - October)
3:00pm (November - March)
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time from Ayers Rock Resort. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list during the booking process.
Returns: 30 minutes after sunset. (Barbecue: 2½ hours after sunset) - Times are approximate.
Your day at a glance:
- As you travel from your Ayers Rock Resort hotel in the comfort of an air-conditioned coach, listen to commentary from your guide on Uluru's origins millions of years ago and its spiritual significance to the Anangu people. Disembark for a stroll down the Kuniya Walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole, where you can see aboriginal rock paintings and some hearty flora native to the red desert.
- Move on to the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre to learn more about local aboriginal culture and see some traditional crafts.
- Head for the sunset-viewing area to see the late afternoon light and color changes over the iconic rock while enjoying appetizers and a glass of wine, a perfect way to end your day in the Outback.
- Your tour will finish with a hearty and delicious Aussie-style BBQ beneath the desert stars. The BBQ can be adjusted to meet any dietary need you might have, simply inform your guide of any dietary restrictions you might have by at least 14:00 on the day of the tour.
Travelling with children
Children of all ages are welcome & must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged up to 15 years may pay the child price. Infants must sit on laps.
Things To Bring
- Enclosed walking shoes
- Water bottle to hold 1 litre
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- Flynet in summer months (optional)
- Warm layers in cooler months
- Cash if purchasing Aboriginal artwork
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Approximately 1 hour gentle walk
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
During the booking process you will be required to choose your hotel pick-up details. If your hotel does not appear in the drop down list the supplier does not pick-up from your hotel and you will be required to contact the supplier to arrange a suitable alternative.
If you wish to change your pick-up location from the one selected, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Uluru Sacred Sites & Sunset Tour with Optional BBQ Dinner. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About AAT KINGS
Since 1912, AAT Kings as a tour operator has been helping people from all over the world discover and explore Australia and New Zealand from top to bottom. With a broad range of holiday options including Guided Tours, Short Breaks and Day Tours, AAT Kings are the holiday experts. You can relax in the comfort of knowing you’re in the best of hands. We've got over 100 years of experience in taking care of absolutely everything so that you can get on with creating great new memories.